1. What made you start blogging?
I started out as a food blogger. I loved looking at different recipes and altering them. I started this blog because I needed to. It was that feeling of “if I don’t write these things down right now then I am going to implode”. Always listen to that feeling. Always.
2. What’s been your greatest challenge on your blog so far?
The greatest challenge that I face is editing myself. I always erase after writing something. I do it because I usually don’t think that my readers or that I will like what I read when I get to the computer late at night wanting to read something lovely before bed. Now, however, my greatest challenge is finding a computer and internet access while living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
3. Who is your greatest influence?
My Mama. Hands down.
4. What do you love to do in your spare time?
I love to journal. I also love to cook- African style.
5. What big ticket item is on your wishlist right now?
Making a miracle.
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
I really am set on seeing all seven continents. I’ve made it to three so far, and that is nearly halfway.
7. What is something you’re proud of creating/making/doing recently?
I have just moved into my first house- a thatch roof hut. I have been working on making it feel cozy and welcoming. I have a wall of pictures that I just adore.
8. Name one thing you couldn’t live a day without.
9. What music are you listening to right now?
Right now, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. But, that is only because the person next to me is playing it. I really am enjoying the new Vampire Weekend album. I love “Diane Young”.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself settling into my new home in America and becoming a teacher.
11. Tell me a surprising fact about yourself.
I never cross off a day on the calendar before that day is actually done. It makes me feel like I am ending the day too abruptly.